Text size [-] [+]
Q: Is there a connection between the installation of operating system (OS) updates and the compatibility and performance of my M-Audio product?
A: To ensure compatibility and optimal performance, it is essential that your drivers are written and/or officially qualified for the exact version of the OS you are using.
Operating systems are updated frequently. M-Audio strives to have a qualified driver available within days of an OS update. However, before you update your OS, please verify that an M-Audio driver is available for the specific OS version you are about to update to.
Please visit the driver download page to find the latest M-Audio drivers.
Note: If you do not see the exact version of your OS listed in the “step 4 - OS” column of the driver download page, it means that a driver for that exact OS version has not yet been qualified or released.
Q: How can I verify exactly what OS version I’m currently running?
A: When using Windows, it is important to be aware of what Service Pack you are running. To see general system information under Windows:
1. Click on the Start button in the bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Right click on the My Computer icon.
3. Select Properties from the resulting dialog.
4. Your Service Pack (if any) will be listed under the General tab (which will be open by default).
When using Mac OS X, it is important to know exactly which version of Jaguar, Panther, Tiger, etc you are running. To see exactly what version of OS X you are running:
1. Click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen.
2. Select About this Mac from the drop-down menu.
3. The exact version # of OS X that you are running is listed below the Apple logo.