Text size [-] [+]
Midisport Series - Windows XP Installation Guide
This guide is a walk through for installing the available driver for Midisport 1x1, 2x2, 2x4, 4x4, 8x8/s, and Uno USB under Windows XP*.
* Home and Professional Edition only. Windows Media Center Edition is not supported.
Do not connect the Midisport interface to your computer yet! The driver installer should be run first!
1. Download the latest MIDISPORT Series driver from the M-Audio driver download page and save it to your Desktop.
If this is the first time you are installing a Midispodriver on your computer, please skip to step 4 of this guide.
If a MIDISPORT driver is currently installed on your system, it will need to be removed before a new driver can be installed. In this case, launching the installer file will allow you to "Remove" the previous installation. When first launching the driver file, if a window opens indicating that the publisher cannot be verified, always click "Run"; and if a "User Account Control" window appears, click "Continue".
2. Click "Next" to Remove the drivers.
3. All driver files are being removed from your computer. Once this process is complete, you will be informed that the Maintenance (driver removal) is complete. Click "Finish" to close this application.
4. Double-click the downloaded driver installation file (again), the following window will open:
5 . Click "Next". The License Agreement window will appear.
6. Carefully read the license agreement, then put the radio button next to "I accept the terms of the license agreement", click "Next" to continue and "Install" in the window that opens after this.
7. At various points in this installation process, you may be notified that the driver being installed has not passed Windows Logo Testing. Always click “Continue Anyway” to proceed with the installation.
7. Once this process is complete, you will be informed that M-Audio Series II MIDI has been installed successfully. Click "Finish".
8. Connect your Midisport interface to an available USB port on your computer.
IMPORTANT: Connect the Midisport interface directly to your computer! Do not use a USB hub
After connecting the Midisport to your computer, a “Found New Hardware Wizard ” window will open.
If you get no response when connecting your device, try connecting to different USB ports, and test with a different cable if possible.
If you have Service Pack 2 installed on your computer (which is required for most recent drivers), you will be asked if you want to search the Internet for a driver. Select “No, not this time” and press “Next”. You will then see the screen below:
9. "Install the software automatically" is already checked. Leave it like that and click "Next". The driver files will now be copied to your computer. Again, click "Continue Anyway" whenever you see a "Windows Logo Testing" message during this installation.
10 . Click "Finish" when you see the following screen:
11. Another "Found New Hardware" wizard window will open. Repeat the above steps.
Your Midisport device is now installed and ready to use. Connect your external MIDI devices and configure your software to use your Midisport device.