Text size [-] [+]
This guide is a walk through for installing the available driver for Midisport 1x1, 2x2, 2x2 Anniv Ed, 2x4, 4x4, 4x4 Anniv Ed, 8x8/s, and Uno USB under Windows Vista and Windows 7.
Note: Midisport Anniversary Edition devices, Midisport Uno (current model), and Midisport 1x1 (black top), can be used in Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 without installing the M-Audio drivers by simply connecting to an available USB port on your computer. You must install the Midisport drivers if you would like to access the more advanced features found within the interface. Installing the drivers allows you to:
- Use MIDISPORT with more than one application at the same time (i.e., multi-client support)
- Send or receive long SysEx (system exclusive) messages
- Use multiple MIDISPORT interfaces and identify each interface via a clear device number and port naming system
Do not connect the Midisport interface to your computer yet! The driver installer should be run first!
1. Download the latest Midisport Series driver from the M-Audio driver download page and save it to your Desktop.
If this is the first time you are installing a Midisport driver on your computer, please skip to step 4 of this guide.
If a Midisport driver is currently installed on your system, it will need to be removed before a new driver can be installed. In this case, launching the installer file will allow you to "Remove" the previous installation. When first launching the driver file, if a window opens indicating that the publisher cannot be verified, always click "Run"; and if a "User Account Control" window appears, click "Continue".
2. Click "Next" to Remove the drivers.
3. All driver files are being removed from your computer. Once this process is complete, you will be informed that the Maintenance (driver removal) is complete. Click "Finish" to close this application.
4. Double-click the downloaded driver installation file (again), if a "User Account Control" window appears, click "Continue". The following window will open:
5 . Click "Next". The License Agreement window will appear:
6. Carefully read the license agreement, then put the radio button next to "I accept the terms of the license agreement", click "Next" to continue and "Install" in the window that opens after this.
If a Windows Security window appears, click "Install".
7. Once this process is complete, you will be informed that M-Audio Series II MIDI has been installed successfully. Click "Finish".
8. Connect your Midisport interface to an available USB port on your computer.
IMPORTANT: Connect the Midisport interface directly to your computer! Do not use a USB hub
9. Shortly after connecting the device, it will display an “Installing device driver software” window.
10. When finished, it will display "Your devices are ready to use".
Your Midisport interface is now installed and ready to use. If you get no response when connecting your device, try connecting to different USB ports, and test with a different cable if possible.
Please refer to your software's documentation for instructions on configuring your Midisport device for use with the application.