Text size [-] [+]
Delta Series Installation Instructions for Mac OS X
This guide is a walk through for installing the driver for all Delta Series PCI sound cards in Mac OS X.
If this is the first time you are installing the drivers, do not install the Delta PCI card to your computer yet! The driver installer should be run first! If you are updating a previous installation, it is OK to leave the Delta PCI card installed.
Please note the following compatibility articles:
- Apple Intel Mac Pro, DualCore PowerMac G5, and OS X 10.6 compatibility
- Apple Dual 1.8 / 2.0 G5 PCI compatibility with Delta Series PCI cards
- PCI-Express not backward compatible with PCI and PCI-X
1. Download the latest Delta Series Mac OS X driver from the M-Audio drivers/updates page and save it to your desktop.
2 . The file you are downloading is in "Disk Image" (extension "dmg") format. This means that once the download is complete, your Mac should automatically lauch the file and create a virtual drive on your desktop (you will now see two new icons on the Desktop).
Immediately after this, a window will automatically open and show you three icons (see screenshot below):
3. If this is the first time you install an M-Audio Delta driver on your system, please skip to step 7 of this guide now. If an M-Audio Delta driver was previously installed on your system, it has to be removed before you can successfully install the new driver. Please double-click "Delta Family Uninstaller" and follow the instructions on screen.
4. When prompted, enter your administrator name and password to continue with the driver removal.
5. Restart your computer to complete the driver removal.
6. After your computer is fully restarted, double-click on the downloaded Disk Image (dmg) file. This will bring you back to the contents of the virtual drive and show you the same three icons displayed above.
7. Double-click the file named “M-Audio Delta Family Software.mpkg”. The driver installer will launch. Click "Continue".
8. The following screen will give important information about the driver you are installing. Click "Continue" after you are done reading this document.
9. Carefully read the license agreement, then click "Continue".
10. Click on the "Agree" button to continue.
11. Select the hard drive you want to install the driver to. A green arrow will appear over the selected hard drive. Then click "Continue".
12. Click "Install" - the driver files will be copied to your computer.
13. You will have to enter your Administrator name and password. Click "OK" once you're done.
14. A message will appear informing you that the computer needs to be restarted at the end of this installation. Click "Continue Installation".
15. The installer instructs you "Click Restart to finish Installing the software. Click "Restart".
16. Shut down your computer.
17. Disconnect the power cable from your computer and open its case.
18. Press the Delta PCI card firmly into an available PCI slot.
19. Secure the Delta PCI card in place and close your computer’s case.
20. Turn on your computer.
21. After the restart, your M-Audio Delta PCI card will be ready to use
22. Connect the outputs of your Delta interface to your speakers, mixer, or other amplification device so you can hear the output of the card.
Once you have completed the installation procedure above, a new "M-Audio Delta" icon is placed in System Preferences. Click this icon to launch the Delta Control Panel. If you have completed both the software and hardware installation properly, the Delta Control Panel will open without errors.
Customers installing the Delta Audiophile 192 on PowerMac G5 systems, please see this FAQ.