Text size [-] [+]
This is a quick walkthrough on how to setup your M-Audio audio interface in Cool Edit Pro 2 / Adobe Audition 1.5.
Before proceeding, you must install the latest drivers for your device.
1. Launch Cool Edit Pro 2 or Adobe Audition 1.5.
2. Select Device Properties from the Options Menu.
3. Select your audio interface from the dropdown menu on both the Wave Out and Wave In tabs.
4. Click OK.
5. Next select Device Order from the Options menu.
6. On the Playback Devices and Recording Devices tabs, select your M-Audio devices and click the Use >> button to add them to the Multitrack Device Preference Order List.
For simplicity, only use your M-Audio device in the Multitrack Device Preference Order for both Recording Devices and Playback Devices. Click the "Use in EV" to ensure recording and playback compatibility when working in Edit View.
7. Click OK.
You are now ready to start recording! Connect your speakers or headphones to your M-Audio sound card. You cannot use your computer speakers, or built-in sound card for output.
When recording from a mono sound source such as a single microphone or guitar, it is necessary to select the appropriate mono input to record from.
8. When in the Multitrack View, select Show Track Properties from the View menu.
9. In the Track Properties window click the dropdown menu in the Record section to select either Left or Right input which should correspond to the first two inputs on your interface.
Cool Edit Pro 2 and Adobe Audition 1.5 do not feature software monitoring, so in order to monitor your input signal while recording, you'll have to enable the hardware direct monitoring of your M-Audio device (if applicable). Please refer to the user guide for your M-Audio device for how to enable hardware direct monitoring