Text size [-] [+]
This is a quick walkthrough on how to setup your M-Audio audio interface in Acoustica Mixcraft*.
Before proceeding, you must install the latest drivers for your device.
1. Launch Acoustica Mixcraft.
2. Select Preferences from the File Menu.
3. Click the Sound Device tab in the Mixcraft Preferences.
4. Select ASIO for Driver.
5. Now select your M-Audio device from the ASIO Device dropdown menu.
Note: Mixcraft may identify your M-Audio device by Series (USB, FW/FireWire, Delta) and not by name.
6. Click OK
With the M-Audio ASIO driver selected, you're ready to starting recording!
When recording from a mono sound source such as a single microphone or guitar, it is necessary to select the appropriate mono input to record from.
If your audio interface does not feature hardware direct monitoring, (Audiophile USB, JamLab, Transit), or if you wish to monitor with software effects, you will need to enable input monitoring (Monitor Incoming Audio).
To enable input monitoring, click the arrow next to the arm button and select Monitor Incoming Audio (a checkmark appears when enabled).
If your device features hardware direct monitoring and you select Monitor Incoming Audio in Mixcraft, you will need to disable the hardware direct monitoring of your M-Audio device to avoid doubling your monitored signal. Please refer to the user guide for your M-Audio device for how to enable/disable hardware direct monitoring.
* This tutorial was created using Acoustica Mixcraft 3. For more information on configuring and recording with Mixcraft, please consult the Mixcraft User Guide or contact Acoustica's Support.