M-Audio Oxygen (MKIV) Series - DirectLink Setup for Cubase 6, 7 & 8
This guide will help you setup the transport, faders, and remote control for the M-Audio Oxygen (MKIV) keyboard series within Cubase 6, 7 and 8.
Oxygen (MKIV) Series - DirectLink Setup for Cubase 6,7 and 8
Steps 1-4 only apply to Windows computers. If you are setting up on a Mac skip to step# 5.
- Download the DirectLink files: here
- Once installed go to the folder: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 5\Components
- Copy the file: OxygenCubaseDirectLink.dll
- Once copied go to the appropriate 32 or 64 Bit folder below and paste the file:
32-Bit Version: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase LE AI Elements 6, 7 or 8 (Your Cubase edition may vary)\Components
64-Bit Version: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\Cubase LE AI Elements 6, 7, or 8 (Your Cubase edition may vary)\Components
- Open Cubase.
- Go to Devices from the top menu, and select Device Setup...
- Click the + symbol in the top left corner, and choose M-Audio Oxygen from the list.
- Under Remote Devices, select the M-Audio Oxygen, and then select All MIDI Inputs for the MIDI Input and Not Connected for the MIDI Output. Then click Apply to save the settings.
- Press the Auto button on your Oxygen keyboard. The green light will illuminate. (This step only applies to the Oxygen - New)
- You will now have control over faders, knobs, and transports within Cubase.
Further Technical Support
Cubase LE is an extremely powerful recording program! To make the most of it, the Operation Manual is the best resource. Here are links to download Steinberg's Cubase LE 7 documentation:
If you need further support with your M-Track Eight or if you just have pre-sales questions, the M-Audio technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.