M-Audio M-Track and M-Track Plus - Setup with Pro Tools Express
Note: The instructions in this article apply to a version of Pro Tools which is no longer available from Avid. While Pro Tools Express is no longer offered by Avid, these instructions may be helpful for customers who received this legacy software during the original offer period. Avid now offers a free version, Pro Tools | First, which has replaced Pro Tools Express. For more information about Pro |Tools First, visit http://www.avid.com/ptfirst.
The M-Audio M-Track and M-Track Plus are all-purpose interfaces that provide instant plug & play recording capability. This guide walks through how to configure Pro Tools Express with the M-Track or M-Track Plus properly on your system. This guide also covers how to start recording audio tracks in the Pro Tools Express software.
- Getting Started
- Creating a ProTools Express Session
- Adjusting Audio Hardware
- Creating and Recording Your Audio Tracks
- Exporting Your Audio Recordings
- Further Technical Support
For installation instructions and FAQ for the Pro Tools Express software, see here.
For optimum performance it is recommended to download and install the M-Audio M-Track drivers for improved latency.
Launch the Pro Tools Express software. We will now create a blank session that can be used as a template for all of your recording sessions.
- Click File then select New Session.
- Select Create Blank Session then click OK. Here are the recommended settings.
- Once the software has opened, select Setup from the upper toolbar. Now select Hardware.
- In the Hardware Setup, select Launch Setup App.
- Now select the blue activation button next to M-Track so that it highlights blue. Click the drop down box to also activate the In and Out.
- Adjust your buffer size. Close the window.
Click Save. Now name your new session and click Save. ProTools will now restart and initialize your new configuration.
We have now configured your hardware settings and saved your session. Click OK. Pro Tools will need to restart to initialize the audio hardware settings. Click Save.
- Once Pro Tools has completely shut down, launch the software.
- Choose Open Session and select the previously created session now click Open.
- Select Track from the upper toolbar and now click New.
- In this example we will create two Mono tracks. Choosing Stereo will mix inputs 1 and 2 into a stereo track.
- Select Window from the toolbar and then click Mix.
- When you bring up the Mix window, you will need to Record Arm the tracks for recording and monitoring. The record enable button will turn red when it is initialized.
- You can see in the example below that I am getting a signal indicated by the green lights.
- Click the Record button to get ready to record. When you are ready to record click the Play button. The Play button will not turn green and the recording will begin. Click the Stop button to end the recording.
- Click File and select Bounceto then select Disk.
- In the next window you can select various File Types. It is recommended to leave the default settings. Choose Bounce.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an M-Audio product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the M-Audio technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.