M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 MKII - Setup with Ableton Live 9 Lite
The M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 is a simple, powerful MIDI controller designed for sequencing music and playing virtual instruments on the go. This article walks through setting up the M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 for use with Ableton Live 9 Lite.
- First, connect the M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 series controller to an available USB port on your computer using the supplied cable, and launch Ableton Live 9 Lite.
- Next, open the Ableton Live 9 Lite Preferences window. Choose your Audio Device in the Audio tab. This will be dependent upon the audio interface that you are using.
Select Live > Preferences
or use the key command shortcut - [Command + comma]
Select Options > Preferences
or use the key command shortcut - [Control + comma]
- Select the MIDI / Sync tab from the left side of the window. Within the MIDI Ports section, adjust the settings as suggested below:
Next to Input:Keystation Mini 32, toggle On the button in the Track and Remote columns as shown in the image below.
Next to Output: Keystation Mini 32, toggle On the button in the Track and Remote columns as shown in the image below.
- Close the Preferences window.
- To add an instrument or plugin to Ableton Live 9 Lite in order to generate sound, in the Categories column, choose Instruments or Plug-ins.
- In the Name column just to the right of the Categories column, locate the Instrument or Plug-in of choice. Click-and-drag the instrument to a MIDI track in Ableton Live 9 Lite to load the instrument.
- The Instrument or Plug-In of choice will load to the track in Ableton and can now be triggered with the M-Audio Keystation Mini 32.
- M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 - Frequently Asked Questions
- M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 MKII - Setup in AIR Ignite
- M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 Quickstart Guide
- Troubleshooting Class-compliant USB Computer Peripherals
- Optimizing your system, Improving Performance, and Managing Latency
- Troubleshooting USB MIDI Devices on Mac
- Mac OS - Problems with MIDI Devices after and Update
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an M-Audio product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the M-Audio technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.