Axiom AIR Mini 32 - Logic 9 Hypercontrol Setup
The M-Audio Axiom AIR series is a powerful family of controllers that leverages every capability of your recording software. This guide covers how to setup your Axiom AIR Mini 32 with Apple's Logic Pro 9 using the Hypercontrol feature.
Important: If Logic is running, close the application before beginning the HyperControl installation procedure. The instructions below will indicate when Logic should be launched.
- HyperControl technology requires an Axiom AIR “personality” file to be added to one of the Logic Pro sub-folders.
To obtain this file, download and install the Axiom AIR Logic Pro HyperControl installer. This can be found by choosing your product and operating system on the M-Audio Drivers and Software Search page, then choosing Show Results.
- Once the installation is complete, launch Logic Pro.
Note: In most instances, Logic Pro will automatically detect the Axiom AIR and assign the correct ports enabling HyperControl. In rare cases, it may be required to manually set up the Axiom AIR. For manual instructions see below.
- Open the Logic's Preferences with the keyboard shortcut "command + , (comma)"
Select Setup… from the Logic Pro > Preferences > Control Surface menu.
- Click New and select Install.
- Select the Axiom AIR controller that you are using and then click Add. An Axiom AIR icon will appear on the right side of the screen.
- Verify that the HyperControl MIDI ports are selected for both the MIDI input and MIDI output drop down menus on the left side of the screen.
Now the installation is complete and Logic Pro can be controlled with Axiom AIR using HyperControl technology. Close the Setup window and begin!
Further Product Support
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an M-Audio product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the M-Audio technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.