Axiom (MKII) DirectLink configuration for Ableton Live 8
Axiom DirectLink is built into Live since version 8.1.4 and later. No additional driver or software installation is required.
Note: DirectLink functionality on Mac OS X is broken in Live 8.2 and 8.2.1. A fix has been implemented as of Live 8.2.2.
- To enable DirectLink in Live with Axiom 25/49/61(MKII), choose Preferences from the Options menu (PC) or Live menu (Mac). Click the MIDI Sync tab from the Preferences window.
- In the Control Surface column, choose “Axiom DirectLink” from the pop-up menu in the first row.
- From the Input and Output columns, choose your Axiom keyboard.
Note: When using the Microsoft class-complaint driver in Windows XP, select USB Audio Device for Input and Output
- Under MIDI Ports, turn Track on for the Axiom input.
- Close the Preferences window.
You are now able to control Live with DirectLink. For information on how controls are assigned with this configuring, please go to the Help Menu>Help View, select Control Surface Reference lesson, and then locate M-Audio Axiom (MKII) in the list.
Further Product Support
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an M-Audio product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the M-Audio technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.