M-Audio Code Series - Frequently Asked Questions
M-Audio presents its Code Series keyboard controllers, a family of three full-featured models, combining all of the production power and performance you need to get the most from your music software and MIDI gear. In this article we answer and discuss some of the features of the premium keyboard and pad controller the M-Audio Code.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What software titles support come included with the Code series?
- What is new in the Code series keyboards?
- What are the system requirements for the Code Series?
- Does the Code series keyboard controllers require drivers?
- Can I use the Code series with external MIDI equipment?
- Where can I use to Power the Code?
- Is the Code supported for use with my iPhone or iPad?
- How can I perform a Factory Reset?
- How do I enable or disable the MIDI DIN Out and In ports?
- Further Product Support
A comprehensive software package is included—Ableton Live Lite, full versions of AIR Music Technology’s award winning virtual instruments Loom and Hybrid 3.0—so you have unrestricted access to the best creative tools. Ableton Live Lite delivers much of the functionality of Ableton Live—the revolutionary, multi-award winning music production solution that lets you spontaneously compose, record, remix, improvise and edit your musical ideas in a seamless audio/MIDI environment. Live brings your acoustic, electronic and virtual instruments—as well as your digital audio recordings and MIDI sequences—together in a single interface with unparalleled ease of use.
- All Code keyboards—25, 49 and 61 key models—have an all-new keybed with action that is clean, and precise.
- New to the line of M-Audio controllers is the X/Y Touchpad, which provides additional and direct interaction with effects and instrument plugin parameters across an X/Y axis.
- Now with support for ASCII/HID keyboard shortcut commands, you can map these commonly used shortcuts right to the controller itself, streamlining your workflow for a faster, more efficient and far more satisfying creation/production process. Code also supports Mackie Control/HUI control modes, so right out of the box you are ready to work with most DAWs with minimal setup.
For Mac users the minimum is:
- Minimum: OSX 10.7.5
For Windows users the minimum is:
- 7 (32 and 64)
The Code series keyboards is a class compliant MIDI device and as such can automatically be used as an instrument with any music creation software or DAW.
Yes. The Code series can be used to control additional outboard MIDI gear such as Rack Synth Modules, Drum Machines etc. by using the available 5-pin MIDI Out port on the back. To send MIDI directly from the keyboard, press EDIT and press the key labeled MIDI OUT until the display reads "Mid On" to indicate the MID port has been activated.
For normal use, the M- Audio Code series will be powered via the USB port of your connected computer. If you'd like to use the keyboard without a computer, a 9V DC, 1A, center-pin positive power supply can be purchased separately, or you can connect the Code to a USB wall-charger (provided with most cell-phones) for power. Make sure to refer to the step above on how to activate the MIDI output ports.
If you are interested in purchasing a power supply, contact your nearest support office or international distributor for pricing and availability
Yes! The Code Series is class-compliant and fully supported for use with iOS devices using an official Apple Camera Connection kit. Please note: An iPad or iPhone will likely not be capable of powering the keyboard properly on it's own. In our experience, using a powered USB hub in between the keyboard and the Camera Connection kit is the most reliable source of power in this configuration.
If you need to reset the keyboard to factory settings, power off the keyboard and hold down both Pad Octave buttons (+ and -) while powering the keyboard back on. The screen will flash "RESET" for one second and return to normal operation.
The 5 PIN MIDI In and Out ports on the Code Series keyboards are disabled by default. To turn on/off the MIDI DIN ports on the Code keyboard, Press the MIDI Out key to enable or disable the MIDI Out port. You can enable this port to send out MIDI messages from your Code Series keyboard. It will not send out incoming MIDI messages from your DAW or the MIDI In port. See MIDI Out to learn more about this.
To enable or disable the MIDI Out port:
- Press Edit to enter Edit Mode. The Edit button will light up.
- Press the MIDI Out key to enable or disable the port. The display will show MID and whether the port is ON or OFF.
To change it while the display still shows the state, press the MIDI Out key or a Preset Down/Up key to switch between ON or OFF.
To confirm your change, wait for 1 second. You will exit Edit Mode automatically.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an M-Audio product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the M-Audio technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.