M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 MK3 - Frequently Asked Questions
The M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 MK3 is a simple but powerful MIDI controller designed for sequencing music and playing virtual instruments on your Mac or PC. Keystation Mini 32 MK3 features 32 natural-feeling mini-size velocity-sensitive keys and comprehensive controls that expand the range of playable notes and enhance your expressive possibilities. This article answers the most popular questions about the features and functionality of the M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 MK3 controller.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What software comes with the Keystation Mini 32 MK3?
- Does the Keystation Mini 32 MK3 require a power supply?
- Do I need to install any drivers to use the Keystation Mini 32 MK3?
- Will the Keystation Mini 32 MK3 work with my Windows or Mac computer?
- What are the dimensions and weight of the Keystation Mini 32 MK3?
- Will the Keystation Mini 32 MK3 work with my iOS device?
- How do I set up my Keystation Mini 32 MK3 with Pro Tools | First?
- How do I perform a factory reset?
- How do I reassign the + and - buttons to the default octave function?
- Further Technical Support
Bundled with your purchase of the Keystation Mini 32 MK3, you will receive the following software titles to get you started:
- Pro Tools First - Industry standard audio recording and production software. Pro Tools First introduces you to all of the same tools used by industry leaders.
- Xpand by AIR Music Tech - Multi-timbral virtual instrument plugin packed with tons of electronic, orchestral and acoustic voices.
No, the Keystation Mini 32 MK3 is USB bus-powered, which means that it is powered directly by the computer USB port when connected with a USB A to USB Mini-B cable (included).
No! The Keystation Mini 32 MK3 is a class-compliant device, which means that it's plug-and-play and does not require any drivers to be installed. This also means that it will work and is supported on the latest operating systems, including Windows 10 and Mac 10.14.
Yes! The Keystation Mini 32 MK3 is a class-compliant device, which means that it's plug-and-play and does not require any drivers to be installed. This also means that it will work and is supported on the latest operating systems, including Windows 10 and Mac 10.14.
The Keystation Mini 32 MK3 is 16.46" x 4.13" x .078" (Length x Width x Height), and weighs about 1 lb.
Yes! To use the Keystation Mini 32 MK3 with your iOS device, connect it to your iPad or iPhone using the iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately) which will enable you to perform and compose with audio apps on your iPad and other iOS devices. Be sure to find the correct lightning or 30-pin adapter type to match your iOS device.
See the following link for a great guide and video on Connecting USB Audio Interfaces, MIDI Controllers, and Keyboards to the iPad.
- Connect Keystation Mini 32 MK3 to an available USB port on your computer using the supplied USB cable, and launch Pro Tools | First M-Audio Edition.
- Open or Create a Project.
- Select the Setup pull-down menu and open MIDI Input Devices. Enable MIDI Input from the Keystation Mini 32 MK3 by clicking the box next to the Keystation Mini 32 MK3.
- Select the Setup pull-down menu and open Playback Engine. Choose your audio device from the Playback Engine pulldown menu.
- To create a new Instrument track, select the Track pulldown menu and select new.
- In the New pull-down menu, select Stereo, and then Instrument Track.
- In the newly created track, add an Insert to your track by clicking in your track's Inserts A-E and selecting Multichannel Plugin > Instrument and select the instrument you would like to use, such as Xpand!2 (Stereo). The plugin can now be triggered with the Keystation Mini 32 MK3.
Note: Windows users will need either an external soundcard (such as the M-Track 2X2) or a low-latency ASIO driver.
Follow these steps below to reset your Keystation Mini 32 MK3 to the factory default settings:
- Make sure your computer is running.
- Switch on the Keystation Mini 32 MK3 by plugging in the USB cable from your computer while simultaneously holding down the Octave “+” and “-” buttons. This will reset all Data=_____ and controller assignments to the following values:
Bank MSB Number
Bank LSB Number
|00 (channel 1)|
Modulation Button MIDI CC
Volume Knob MIDI CC
Pitch Bend Buttons
Octave Buttons - Assignment
|Data = Octave|
|1 = Normal|
If the + and - buttons have been assigned to one of their 6 additional functions, you can reassign and use them for their default octave change function by following these steps below:
- Press the Edit button. The Edit button will illuminate to full brightness indicating that the keyboard is in Edit mode.
- Press the DATA = OCTAVE key (C#, first black key on the left.) The keyboard will exit Edit mode as soon as the DATA = OCTAVE key is pressed and both octave buttons + and - will be red at half-brightness.
To return to the default octave setting: simultaneously press the + and - buttons. Both buttons will return to red at half-brightness.
Note: The Data = Octave assignment is retained when the keyboard is turned off.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an M-Audio product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the M-Audio technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.